Given a brief of connecting a community through technology, we learned and applied design theory through fieldwork, iterative prototyping and evaluation. Our final proposal was a tactile ride-sharing system for small neighbourhoods in low-income areas.
In a team, I conducted interviews with a target audience, led whiteboarding sessions, created storyboards for user flows, and filmed a video proposal.
I gained experience:
- Developing user personas based on functional and non-functional requirements gathering
- Using qualitative research processes to collect data to inform designs
- Applying rapid prototyping and evaluation techniques against usability principles
- Using affordances and constraints to scope a design
- Technological prototyping with physical tools, conveying vision of finished product
- Constructively critiquing the work of peers